Tuesday, May 3

Traditional iyer's lunch menu.

A typical traditional iyer meal is a three -course one like rice with sambar ,rasam and yogurt .Then one or two vegetable curries and  pappadams or karuvadam . But now a days nobody tend to follow the good old combinations of our Pattiammas recipes-- vathakuzhambu with paruppu uasili, mulakootal with pachadi , moorukkootan with vazhakka mizhukku varatti. Although there are no hard rules but those traditional combinations complement each other well . My dad  loves the simple menus like medya kuzhambu with chutta pappadam. When I started cooking, I realize why Appa is so picky when it comes to mixing and matching the dishes.
Though we are living in the US I try to make pakka brahmins  traditional combinations  menu ,so thought of sharing few of them  with all ,   my daily  typical iyer aathu  simple and quick lunch menus  will be posted in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment